Serving the Certificated and Classified Management of the Newport-Mesa Unified School District
The general purpose of this Association shall be to promote the advancement of public education, school management, and leadership in the Newport-Mesa Unified School District. The specific purposes are as follows:
- To become informed of and to implement the most effective techniques and methods of public school management for the good of the students and the communities we serve.
- To advance public education through research and investigation.
- To increase, in the community at large, an awareness of the importance of public education and the role of public school leaders.
- To support and encourage legislation and laws that are in the best interest of students and public education.
- To increase professional and social contacts among public school leaders and managers, as well as others engaged in public education.
- To provide guidance and support in matters concerned with the advancement and support of public education.
- To disseminate information about organizations which exhibit a concern for public education and public school management and leadership.
- To encourage and reward genuine interest in public education as a career among public school students in the communities we serve.
Memberships in the N-MAA shall be open to all interested persons who meet the following criteria:
- Current leadership responsibility and active involvement in public education, including those in training (i.e. administrative interns), supporting, and consulting services whose job description identify them as performing public management or supervisory responsibilities
- Confidential employees
- Membership Dues $8000 ($100/Member)
- District Staff Development Support: $4000 ($50/Member)
Provide Professional Development and Networking Opportunities for Educational Leaders
- August NMUSD Administrative Professional Development/Planning Days (Lunch - $978)
- Spring Professional Development Breakfast (Breakfast and Decorations/Prizes -$900)
- 3 Networking Events ($1000)
- ACSA Leadership Summit ($0)
Promote Public School Education in Our Community
- ACSA Every Student Succeeding Recognition ($300)
- E-readers for 4 8th Grade Outstanding Student Awards ($400)
- Contribution towards the District Welcome Back Luncheon for All Staff ($2500)
Encourage Legislation that Supports Students and Public Education
- Legislation Action Day ($900)
Support Public Education as a Career
- Future Teacher College Scholarships ($4000/year - $1000/year for 4 years)
- Scholarship Plaque Engraving ($75)
- Membership Incentives/Prizes ($300)
- Supplies ($100)
- Retirements /Recognition ($275)