The Human Resources Department assists in this endeavor by recruiting and hiring staff as well as providing ongoing support to certificated and classified employees.
The Human Resources Administrative team plans, organizes, and directs the certificated and classified personnel functions of the District. We coordinate, monitor, and administer various programs related to district staff members. In addition, our team supervises and evaluates performance of specific personnel and participates in interviewing school site administrators. In order to maintain high quality staffing within the District, the administrative team provides ongoing support to certificated and classified employees through staff development. The administrative team also works closely with NMFT and CSEA to negotiate certificated (non-management) and classified contracts as well as to resolve employee matters.
Employee Annual Notices
EMPLOYEE ANNUAL NOTIFICATIONS:
The following Newport-Mesa Unified School District Board Policies and Administrative Regulations are attached for your information. Some are mandatory notifications and some could affect the terms and conditions of employment.
Board Policies and Administrative Regulations:
- Child Abuse Prevention and Reporting (BP 5141.4 and AR 5141.4)
- Child Abuse Reporting http://ssa.ocgov.com/abuse
- Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace (BP 4020 and AR 4020)
- Employee Use of Technology (BP 4040 and AR 4040)
- Acceptable Use Agreement (http://web.nmusd.us/aua)
- Employees with Infectious Disease (BP 4119.41 /4219.41 /4319.41)
- Standard Precautions for Prevention of Infectious Diseases (Health Services Memorandum )
- Environmental Safety (Notification of expected pesticide applications)
- Environmental Safety (BP 3514, and AR 3514)
- Hazardous Substances (BP 3514.1 and AR 3514.1 and (Chemical Handling Procedures for Schools)
- Nondiscrimination in Employment (BP 4030 )
- Nondiscrimination/Harassment (BP 5145.3 and AR 5145.3)
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job (Cal/OSHA )
- ADA Service Animal Requirements http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.pdf
- Sexual Harassment (BP 4119.11, AR 4119.11/ BP 4219.11, AR 4219.11 / BP 4319.11, AR 4319.11)
- Tobacco-Free Schools (BP 3513.3 and AR 3513.3)
- Uniform Complaint Procedures (BP 1312.3 and AR 1312.3)
- Universal Precautions (BP 4119.43 , AR 4119.43 /BP 4219.43 , AR 4219.43 / BP 4319.43 , AR 4319.43)
- Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures (AR 1312.4 and Exhibit 1312.4)
Please do not hesitate to contact Luis Camarena, Associate Superintendent, Chief Human Resources Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions.